CFP: Latina/o Literature and Culture Society of the American Literature Association, 2009
Westin Copley Placeâ€”Boston, MA
The Latina/o Literature and Culture Society of the American Literature Association seeks proposals for several panels at the American Literature Associationâ€™s 20th annual conference at the Westin Copley Place in Boston on May 21-24, 2009. We are particularly interested in seeking out papers that address the following topics:
- Latina/o Writers and Canon(s). Chair: Roberto Oscar Lopez. email@example.com
- Spoken-Word Poetry. Chair: Elizabeth Jacobs. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any aspect of the work of Junot Díaz. Chair: Alisa Braithwaite. email@example.com
- Latina/o Children’s Literature Chair: Tiffany Lopez. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ambiguous Authors and Transgressive Texts (joint panel with the Circle for Asian American Literary Studies). Chair: Jennifer Ho. email@example.com
Those interested in submitting a paper should send a one-page abstract with your name, position, affiliation, and contact information to the appropriate panel chair.
For proposals on any other aspect of Latina/o Literature and Culture, please send them along with your name, position, affiliation and contact information to Eliza Rodriguez y Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final Deadline for Proposals: January 5, 2009.
For information about the Latina/o Literature and Culture Society, visit us online at http://www.latinorolodex.com or contact Latina/o Literature and Culture Society president Eliza Rodriguez y Gibson at email@example.com.
For more information about the ALA and the conference, go to http://www.americanliterature.org.