CFP: Latina/o Literature and Cultural Society panels for ALA 2009
CFP: Latina/o Literature and Culture Society of the American Literature Association, 2009
Westin Copley Place—Boston, MA
The Latina/o Literature and Culture Society of the American Literature Association seeks proposals for several panels at the American Literature Association’s 20th annual conference at the Westin Copley Place in Boston on May 21-24, 2009. We are particularly interested in seeking out papers that address the following topics:
- Latina/o Writers and Canon(s). Chair: Roberto Oscar Lopez. email@example.com
- Spoken-Word Poetry. Chair: Elizabeth Jacobs. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any aspect of the work of Junot Díaz. Chair: Alisa Braithwaite. email@example.com
- Latina/o Children’s Literature Chair: Tiffany Lopez. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ambiguous Authors and Transgressive Texts (joint panel with the Circle for Asian American Literary Studies). Chair: Jennifer Ho. email@example.com
Those interested in submitting a paper should send a one-page abstract with your name, position, affiliation, and contact information to the appropriate panel chair.
For proposals on any other aspect of Latina/o Literature and Culture, please send them along with your name, position, affiliation and contact information to Eliza Rodriguez y Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final Deadline for Proposals: January 5, 2009.
For information about the Latina/o Literature and Culture Society, visit us online at http://www.latinorolodex.com or contact Latina/o Literature and Culture Society president Eliza Rodriguez y Gibson at email@example.com.
For more information about the ALA and the conference, go to http://www.americanliterature.org.